Karratha Visitor Information
Welcome to Karratha
Karratha is a town in the Pilbara region of Western Australia, known for its beautiful beaches, stunning scenery, and rich cultural history.
Things to Do
When in Karratha, make sure to:
- Visit the Karratha Arts and Community Precinct, where you can view local artwork and attend cultural events
- Explore the Karratha Hills lookout for breathtaking views of the town and surrounding countryside
- Relax on the white sandy beaches of nearby Hearson Cove or Back Beach
- Take a fishing or diving trip to experience the abundant marine life in the area
Karratha offers a variety of accommodation options to suit all budgets, including hotels, motels, and camping grounds. Some popular choices include:
- Discovery Parks - Karratha
- Karratha International Hotel
- Ibis Styles Karratha Hotel
- Karratha Caravan Park
While in Karratha, the best way to get around is by car. Car rentals are available at the Karratha airport or in town. Taxis and buses are also available for shorter trips within the town.
Karratha enjoys a hot, dry climate with temperatures averaging around 35°C in the summer months (December to February) and 25°C in the winter months (June to August). Make sure to stay hydrated and protect yourself from the intense sun with sunscreen and proper clothing.
Some important things to know when visiting Karratha:
- Most businesses in Karratha close early or are closed on Sundays
- It is recommended to carry a hat and water bottle at all times
- Be aware of the potential for bushfires, especially during the summer months
- Karratha is located in a cyclone-prone region, so be prepared and keep a close eye on the weather during cyclone season (November to April)
With its beautiful scenery, rich culture, and endless activities, Karratha is the perfect destination for your next Australian adventure. We look forward to welcoming you!