Karratha Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Karratha Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing karratha.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Karratha for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Karratha?
Karratha Galleries and Museums
Karratha, a city located in the northern part of Western Australia, is home to some of the most fascinating galleries, museums, and historical venues that offer visitors a chance to explore the rich history and culture of the region. In this article, we’ll look at some of the must-visit sites in Karratha and its surrounding areas.
1. Red Earth Arts Precinct - Located in Karratha, the Red Earth Arts Precinct is a state-of-the-art facility that hosts various exhibitions, performances, and events throughout the year. The precinct consists of a theatre, an art gallery, a function room, and a cafe. It’s the perfect place to experience and appreciate the local arts and culture scene.
2. Cossack Art Award Gallery - The Cossack Art Award Gallery, located in the historic town of Cossack, is home to the prestigious annual Cossack Art Award. The gallery hosts a range of professional and emerging artists who showcase their talent across a range of mediums, such as painting, sculpture, and photography.
3. Karratha Airport Gallery - If you’re passing through Karratha airport, be sure to check out the airport gallery. The gallery features a range of works from local, national and international artists and is a great way to experience art in a unique and unexpected environment.
1. Roebourne Courthouse Gallery and Museum - The Roebourne Courthouse Gallery and Museum, located in the historic town of Roebourne, is housed in one of the oldest buildings in the region. The museum offers visitors a glimpse into the area's Indigenous and settler history while showcasing local art, crafts, and artefacts.
2. The Western Australian Museum - The Western Australian Museum has a branch in the city of Karratha, with a gallery that features exhibitions and displays on the region's geology, flora, fauna, and Indigenous history. The museum is an excellent place to explore and learn about the unique natural and cultural history of Western Australia.
3. Karratha Visitor Centre Museum - The Karratha Visitor Centre Museum located in Karratha, is a small museum with exhibits on the region's history, flora, fauna, and indigenous culture. It’s a great place to learn about the local history in a fun and interactive environment.
1. Cossack Heritage Trail - The Cossack Heritage Trail is a 40-minute walking trail that takes you through the historic town of Cossack. The trail passes through a range of significant historic sites, including the old courthouse, the police station, and the former harbour.
2. Burrup Peninsula - Burrup Peninsula, a short drive from Karratha, is home to one of the world's largest collections of ancient rock art. The art is believed to be between 20,000 and 30,000 years old and is a testament to the incredible resilience of the Indigenous peoples who lived in the region.
3. Point Samson Heritage Trail - The Point Samson Heritage Trail is a 1.5 km walking trail that takes visitors through the historic town of Point Samson. The trail passes through a range of significant historic sites, including the old jetty, the original townsite, and the cemetery.
Karratha has a rich history and culture that is reflected in its galleries, museums, and historical venues. These must-visit sites offer visitors a unique opportunity to explore and appreciate the region's expansive history, culture, and beauty.
Karratha Galleries and Museums Articles